Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Birthday, Chica Baby!!

My sweet baby girl is two years old today. Two years! Chica Baby is all diva, all princess, all mommy-wanna-be. Occasionally she will get on her hands and knees to push a car around, but usually she is prancing around in necklaces and tucking dollies in bed. She loves to dance and throw (sometimes cute) fits. She will turn any bowl into a fashionable Kentucky Derby hat and empty all the shoe bins to find the perfect pair... She can turn my hard-working husband into a babbling pile of mush. I mean, who else can make a grown man give a gentle kiss to a scribbled on, dirty, matted doll?

And this girl is beautiful! I have read the articles on not complimenting a young girl's looks, but instead talking to her and letting her know she is smart... But seriously! This child is jaw-dropping, stop-you-dead in your tracks, gorgeous! She is smart, kind, gentle, and willful, and I tell her that... But she smiles and you can't help get lost in her beautiful innocence! We will have our hands full!! (Hubby has been practicing what he will say to "potential suitors".) =)

When I found out about Chica Baby, I cried. I had gotten pregnant right after my miscarriage and I was scared. I also felt SO guilty, I hadn't wanted this pregnancy, I wanted the one I lost. God used Chica Baby to help heal my bleeding heart. It was because of that pregnancy that I needed to start making smart choices again. I had another little life to look after and it wasn't fair to take my pain out on this unborn child. Slowly, the deepest, darkest pain lifted as I focused on Chica Baby. We had some random scares and a hospitalization while I was pregnant with her. Labor and delivery for her was not at all "text book" and wound up being med-free. It was the hardest labor (re-read med-free!!) complete with my Dr almost passing out...

Drama has followed this sweet girl since before she was born. So many laughs and groans. Tears of pain and tears of pure joy. She is one of the few people that can unknowingly make me laugh until I... almost pee my pants...

Her birthday tv-time is done now, so I am going to sign off and go have a birthday dance party in the living room!

Happy birthday, Chica, Mommy loves you forever!

1 comment:

  1. Yessica, Yessica, ya ya ya!!! If my experience becomes your experience, you will have few more blessed things happen than watching your beautiful "Chica Baby" become a real mamma to her own "Chica". I'm livin' the dream!!
    Happy Birthday, DayBelle!! LOVE you- (and your mamma)

    Pappa J

    ReplyDelete