Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chi-Town Anniversary

With all of the A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. weather, who wants to sit inside and blog? Not this girl! However, I did want to jump on and say hello.
The last few days have been slightly busy. Hubs is from Chicagoland, so we went to visit his family. Two of our beautiful nieces made Profession of Faith on Sunday, so we had a great excuse to head over there! =)

Friday was spent shopping for green clothes~ no, not green as in organic cotton... But green b/c we had NO St. Patty's attire in our house. This year it was uber important that the kiddos and I dress for the holiday. (Hubs isn't as geeky when it comes to "holiday dress-up"). The reason it was so important? I have a wee bit o' Irish in me! So... Why was it not important before? I didn't know before. =) My madre was adopted. We grew up claiming whatever heritage we wanted really, but this past year some of the adoption info was released. We found out some medical history as well as other physical bits of our mystery. Low and behold, there is a bit of Irish in there. Hubs said he wasn't surprised because I had to get my stubbornness from somewhere.
:::There is a whole long post I can write about my mom's adoption and the journey of finding our past, but that is for a day when I have processed things a little more:::
Anyway... Shopping was a success! The kids all got some super cute clothes, I got a fun shirt, and not a whole lot of denero was shelled out. =)  (...Oh!! I also got Chicka Baby some adorable snow pants for next year, $3! You can't go wrong with that!!) All day long Bug was so excited to go to 'Cago'~ it was stinkin' cute!
We left Saturday morning and went to Hubby's sister's house. (She has a boy the same age as Bug and a girl the same age as Chicka... Super chaos and major fun when we jam all the kids into the sandbox...) After some teary good-byes and a few tantrums, we went to "Big Papa" and Grandma's house. We played, we chatted, we ate, we went for a walk and then... Bed time!! (You know there are days you pray for bed time too!) The In-Laws let Hubs and I have a mini-date Saturday night because Sunday was our 6th anniversary!! We went to some small pub (on St. Patty's day...) It wasn't too packed yet... and... I got a FREE tiara!! I was SO excited!! (Ok, so maybe it was green and advertised an Irish whiskey... but it was fun!) We were back in the van by 10:30pm... Really? We have a sitter. It is St. Patty's day. I am now Irish... We couldn't even stay out until 11pm? Wow...
Sunday was wonderfully paced as we got ready for church~ We even made it to church on time! =) (This is a rare occasion, something or someone always gets lost while we are getting ready)
The kiddos did great for nursery, Bug even begged to go! Our nieces looked so stunning (and grown up) in front of the church! I wanted to cry, but I was able to control myself. (This is also a rare occasion.) The sermon was on... Marriage! How neato is that? It was our 6th anniversary and the sermon was all about marriage =)

I love it when God does special things like that just for me!

We had to head back home after lunch, the kids slept most of the way, so it was a nice, quiet, (and one more rare occasion moment) ride back. We were able to wrap up our anny with a nice bonfire in the back yard~ With a sky FULL of stars.
How beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment