Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blahzay

That is how I feel a lot when I look in the mirror. Oh, there are days where I look and say "Shazam Girl! You got it" and then I turn on the lights, (Does anyone else feel super saucy in the dark?) or the hair falls flat, or the makeup sweats off, or Wee-Wum pukes on me. ~I don't care who you are or how you look, sour formula/ breastmilk on your shirt totally kills the hotness factor! There is a reason they don't market it as a perfume scent!

I decided to start my "non-frumpy hot mama" campaign. It seemed slightly daunting (ok, it still does). The first place I jumped to was my closet... I was going to stop the silly "I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!!!" mantra, while standing on a mountain top of clothing. I am totally the girl that tries on every piece of clothing I own, only to throw on the baggy jeans and even baggier t-shirt. A glance in the mirror always reveals the no makeup, hair in pony-tail, bags under my eyes, crazy woman look. First I tossed half of my t-shirts~ you know, the ones from youth group or walk-a-thons... Next up were the shirts I kinda liked, but would only wear if it was laundry day and if I had to go somewhere. Then I finally let go of the shirts I have loved forever but can't wear because they make me look like a bloated whale. That was HARD!! The cute clothes from pre-baby, pre-saggy days.

I honestly felt like I was getting rid of a piece of me. The dream of looking like that again, gone. Forever.

After the initial pang, I felt a little lighter AND there was now space in my drawers and my closet for the clothes that fit right. Awesome! =)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I just did that recently, and when I lose the weight, I get to buy NEW clothes! I kept my jeans in the size down and that's it! :)

    ReplyDelete